Refine, edit, proofread, and polish your rough draft to complete your essay’s transformation into a submission-ready masterpiece.
Are you asking yourself:
- What are some of the most common, easily avoidable errors people make on their college admissions essays?
- What are some finishing touches I can apply to increase my essay’s overall intrigue?
- How can I make cuts to achieve clarity and get my essay under the word limit?
- How can I ensure the accuracy of my facts, spelling, and grammar?
- How do I know when I am really, truly ready for submission?
We have the answers.Enroll Now
Now that your topic has been unearthed, your hilarious, humble, and heartfelt words have been mined and organized, and your story has been sculpted into a thoughtful narrative that holds a reader’s attention from beginning to end, it’s time to put in some elbow grease and polish your personal statement to a high shine. We are going to show you how to infuse your essay with one last dash of personality, round up your remaining errors, clip out unnecessary words, and smooth out any remaining rough edges so you can present a perfect piece of prose to admissions. Whether you are applying to the Ivy Leagues, the Big Ten, a small liberal arts institution or a community college, attention to detail is key. Show admissions you know how to finish the job right with your newfound editing skills.
In this lesson, you will learn to make those last, hard cuts to your beloved prose to meet the word limit and add the extra details that make an essay truly memorable. We’ll show you how to edit to make your personal statement both crystal clear in its message and more engaging with every sentence. We’ll also give you our handiest tips and tricks for identifying small errors and ensuring pesky human error doesn’t get the best of you after you’ve spent hours on the assignment that could very well be the tipping point for your admissions success. Dig into Lesson 6 and make every word of your college admissions essay count!
This lesson will teach you:
- The secret to applying the finishing touches that will make your essay shine.
- Small edits that have a big effect on the impact of your story.
- How to find and fix spelling, grammar, and structural mistakes in your own writing.
- The test that will tell you for sure whether or not you are ready to press “submit.”
And so much more!
BONUS Resource: Our “Grammar and Spelling Mistake Guide” will give you the key to identifying common errors and ensure the essay you submit to admissions is picture perfect!Get Started