Familiarize yourself with the Coalition App essay, learning to choose a prompt, respond accordingly, or tweak an existing essay to fit the bill.
Are you asking yourself:
- What IS the Coalition Application?
- What are the Coalition’s essay prompts and what do they really mean?
- How are these prompts similar to the Common App essay questions and how can you use this overlap to your advantage?
The purpose of the Coalition Application’s personal statement is no different than that of the Common App’s; and your goals for writing this essay are still the same. You still want your personal statement to reflect something about your passions, goals, interests and personality that is not addressed anywhere else on your application. You want to wow an admissions officer with your voice and make yourself memorable. And you want to make it easy for admissions officers to imagine how you would contribute to their school’s community.
But what if you have only been working on your essay with the Common App prompts in mind? Fear not! There is a wide swathe of magical overlap that connects the Common App and the Coalition App prompts and allows for easy adaptation and transference of essays from one application to the other – and we will show you how to unlock these connections!
In this lesson, we will to take you through each of the Coalition’s essay prompts and show you why these options are broader and more flexible than you think. We will also show you how to back your essay from the Common Application into the Coalition App’s prompts in a few simple steps. Easy peasy! (You’ve got this.)
This lesson will teach you:
- How to interpret Coalition Application prompts and understand what they’re really asking.
- Strategies for adapting your Common App essay to fit the Coalition prompts and vice versa.
- Why the Coalition Application exists and why it’s actually a pretty nifty addition to the college application landscape.
And so much more!
Includes this extra awesome resource: Our “Coalition App Prompt Decoder”, which will set you up to deep dive into the five prompts and reach the surface with a clear idea of what admissions is looking for in your essay response!Get Started