Wrap your head around the most important dos and don’ts of the college essay writing process.
Are you asking yourself:
- What should I know about the college essay BEFORE getting started?
- How can I avoid the major college admissions essay pitfalls?
- What must I do to write a successful personal statement?
The College Essay Academy course contains a wellspring of specific information about the college essay writing process: how to find the magic topic, how to kickstart the freewriting process, what steps need to be taken to pull together a successful first draft, and so much more. But can some of those lessons be distilled into the basics of what-you-need-to-do and what-you-should-absolutely-not-do-under-any-circumstances? Are there rules for a college applicant to follow while pulling together a personal statement, supplement or other application essay? You bet there are! In this lesson, we will walk you through the top 10 dos and don’ts of the college admissions essay writing process, a series of tips that will help you stay the course on your path to essay success.
We’ll answer your burning questions about what you should be doing and perhaps, more importantly, what you definitely should NOT be doing.
This lesson will teach you:
- What not to write under any circumstance (or most circumstances).
- What you must include in your essay for it to have a powerful impact.
- Mistakes student applicants make without even realizing.
- Surefire ways to get closer to college essay success.
And so much more!
Includes this extra awesome resource: Our “Top Ten Tips from Lessons 1-10” cheat sheet consolidates all of the best approaches our top tips from previous lessons (plus some extra helpful strategies) into one short guide!Get Started